There are all sorts of strategies for launching a venture, but there’s one tactic that deserves special mention. The crypto press release. If you have an exciting new blockchain pitch or product to share with the world, here’s how to do it right.
This post is going to cover:
Why and when to release a crypto igaming press release
The right way to go about writing one
The process of publicizing your work
1. Start with a hook
There are already so many cryptocurrencies out there. How do you stand out? You need to grab the reader’s attention right away and make a statement. Here are a few examples of crypto press release strategies that work:
You’re making history with the world’s first Ethereum smart contract-based mutual fund.
You’ve built an anonymous, encrypted chat program that runs on its own blockchain.
Your online casino accepts bitcoins as payment, including newly-launched Ether Dice tokens.
You can then go on to offer details about the product or project itself—but the hook is what makes people want to find out more.
2. Get story-telling style
The press release is about sharing information, not about sales pitches. This means it should be concise, focused and put together in a way that grabs the reader’s attention and engages them. The hook sets up the rest of the release. So, avoid long paragraphs and jargon to keep it light.
3. Stay on point
No one wants to read a wall of text filled with tangents and unrelated details. Avoid embedding irrelevant information; instead, make it clear what your message is by picking one or two points that resonate with your audience.
4. Time it right
Preferably, release a press release as close as possible to when the information first happened. Don’t wait for the perfect moment to put something out there, though. If you can’t get your information out because it hasn’t happened yet, why release at all? Site detail is here.
5. Get smart
You can easily find news stories about blockchain projects, ICOs, and other developments in the tech world online. What’s more surprising is how content has appeared in these publications without any source attribution—and without permission from anyone involved.
Needless to say, this is a situation that the press release can help avoid. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Regularly check websites such as Coindesk and Bitcoin Magazine to see what’s happening on a daily basis in the industry in general.
- The PR packets you send out should be cross-referenced with ongoing news stories and other releases so that readers won’t have to guess your thoughts on it.
- If you are aiming for mainstream media outlets, make sure to pick reputable sites that can stand up to scrutiny—and write your text accordingly.
6. Get PERSONAL
Think about why people might want to read what you have written. Look at your audience and determine what type of people they are. Remember, the subject matter can be complex, but the human element should always remain simple.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself. The press release is a great way to get your voice out there, but it’s also something that you can always tweak in the future according to feedback for backlinks and user feedback.
- Avoid long-winded explanations of how things work, what they mean or how they impact the industry. Focus on making them want to know more or wanting to support you in some way.
- Make it easy to read, but don’t go overboard with graphics. There’s a fine line between being personable and just giving readers a headache.
- Edit it until you love it. And then take the time to read it out loud to yourself, so you can ensure that nothing sounds awkward or confusing.
7. Get the word out
Once you have your press release ready, make sure to share it with different audiences for maximum exposure. Here are some ideas:
- Press release websites such as PRWeb . will distribute your work to more than 10 different sites at once, which can result in more responses from readers and partners alike.
- Submit your work to Reddit to get it in front of the right people.
- Create a Twitter account (and retweet your press release yourself) that informs followers about notable industry developments—you’ll get a better response than if you just put out links to other people’s content.
8. Get followed up on
Now that you’ve got people interested in your work, you want them to support it and spread the word for you. Make sure that the ICO project is easy to find online or on social media by providing links, information, and other details.
This is where things can go wild, so if you want a definitive answer as to whether or not your project is worth talking about, here are a few surefire ways to promote it.
- Have concrete details available for those who want them. This can make the difference between people considering your work or completely overlooking it.
- Make your site and social media accounts easy to find—and share links on multiple platforms.
- Get involved in forums and other publications about cryptocurrencies and blockchain tech for further information on how people are responding to your project.